Apply: The application is attached.
General Application information:
Through its Education and Leadership Development Program, the Sampson and Davis Scholarship Foundation provides scholarships of up to $2,000/One year to minority high school students showing leadership potential and demonstrating financial need to attend an accredited 4-year college or university of their choice.
- Financial need.
- Graduation from an Orange County Public High School earned after June 1, 2022 with a minimum of two years in Orange County Public High School.
- G.E.D. Applicants must submit copy of G.E.D. Diploma.
- Full-time attendance, seeking a degree at an approved post-secondary institution.
- Study towards completion of first undergraduate degree only.
- Copy of ALL pages of your SAR (Student Aid Report) for the year applied.
- Copy of Financial Aid Award Letter from your college. We will accept downloaded Award Letters from the Internet.
- College sophomores and beyond who are unable to attain their Financial Aid Award Letter by the SDSFI Grant deadline may submit prior year’s Award Letter along with a current Student Aid Report (SAR). You MUST submit the NEW Award Letter as soon you receive it. Failure to do so may potentially cause the loss of the SDSFI Grant Awarded.
- If an applicant’s choice of college, university, or technical school changes after submitting the application, a Financial Aid Award Letter from your NEW school must be submitted to the SDSFI Grant Office by the application deadline. Failure to submit changes to the SDSFI Grant Committee by the deadline may result in the application being disqualified.
- Returning SDSFI recipients who are college students, as well as, first time college applicants must submit a college transcript. Transcripts can be from an internet college account portal or from the school’s registrar office.
- Send the completed “Permission to Release Information” to the Financial Aid Office at your college. Do not turn it in with your SDSFI Grant Application.
- Mail only completed application packets. You can scan and email a completed SDSFI Grant Application along with ALL attached SAR, unofficial College Transcripts and Award Letters to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Proof of U.S. citizenship
- Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- Mail photocopies, not originals, of these documents.
- No extensions will be granted beyond application deadline (Postmark deadline is always the last Saturday in June 2014).
- Each semester the student must have a 3.0 GPA
- Each student must attend the quarterly conferences